[Dipleague] Appeal for Donations in Cash and kind

Jackie jacks at touchstone.co.zw
Thu Nov 20 19:05:54 CAT 2014

cid:3FB218755CB14C2BA5FA08522E6086C4 at touchsto4106d8

LIONS CLUB OF HATFIELD

DISTRICT 412

W. O. No. 5/78

P. O. BOX 2484 - HARARE

ZIMBABWE

PRESIDENT : CRAIG WATSON

SECRETARY : JACKIE SILVA

 25th October 2014

Dear Friends,

RE : ANNUAL V.I.P. CHRISTMAS PARTY FOR THE ELDERLY

Our Lions Club (Hatfield) will be hosting our annual VIP Christmas party for
the elderly in Hatfield and the surrounding areas. We usually host between
100 and 120 people with lunch (last year we had 145) , delicious afternoon
tea, music, bingo and raffle ( no charge for this, they are all given
tickets on arrival for a “lucky draw”). Then they all get a gift (usually
toiletries, pen, writing pad and envelopes  which they can’t afford, chips,
sweets, chocolate and biscuits) from Father Christmas to take home.

To host our party usually costs in the region of US$1500 to US$2500
including donations we receive “in kind” and this covers all the food,
gifts, raffle and bingo prizes.

We are appealing for donations either in cash or kind for this very special
event. For most of them it is the highlight of their year as they do not
have much in the way of Christmas as their families are no longer with them
and they have very little or none financially.

The party will take place at Book Café  on 7th December.

My phone Numbers are : 777832/4/5 (B) 300694 (H) or my cell 0712 403 747.

My email address is :  <mailto:jacks at touchstone.co.zw>
jacks at touchstone.co.zw.

I look forward to your favorable responses.

Kind Regards,

Jackie

Jackie Silva (MRS)

Coordinator/Club Secretary