[Dipleague] Now Finish What You Started

Goodness&Mercy Devotionals devotionals at goodnessandmercy.org
Wed Aug 12 08:52:35 CAT 2015

*Week 2: 8-14 August*

*Now Finish What You Started: 2 Corinthians 8:11(NIV)*

“Now finish the work, so that your eager willingness to do it may be
matched by your completion of it, according to your means.”

*Devotional Thought:*

-In the chapter of 2 Corinthians 8, Paul addresses the question of the
collection of money for the distressed believers in Jerusalem, which the
Corinthians had started but not completed.

-Ever heard of talks about projects being started with a burning desire but
derail, slow down or come to a standstill? I have heard and have
experienced it.

-TD Jakes-in his book Can You Stand To Be Blessed- says, 'A terrible thing
happens to people who give up too easily and do not finish the work
-REGRET. The problem is not failure, it is when we fail to complete tasks
and question if it was lack of commitment that allowed us to forfeit an
opportunity...' He goes on to say, 'There are obstacles that can trip you
as you escalate toward productivity. I would rather nearly drown and have
to be saved than play it safe and never experience miracles.'

-There is always this great satisfaction and reward in completing tasks; be
it work, family, ministry, or business related tasks.

*Action Point:*

Reflect and Take Stock of the daily, weekly, monthly, yearly, ten year
tasks/plans that you set in any sphere of your life; how many of those have
you completed? If you have completed all-Congratulations! If not, I urge
you by the mercies of God...'Now finish the work, so that your eager

--
Goodness and Mercy Weekly Devotionals
What Follows You? Psalm 23:6
devotionals at goodnessandmercy.org