[Dipleague] NO NEED TODEFEND...

GMI Devotionals devotionals at goodnessandmercy.org
Thu Jul 7 23:28:16 CAT 2016

Week 2: 8-14 July

No Need To Defend: Daniel 3:16 (NIV)

“Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego replied to him, "King Nebuchadnezzar, we do not need to defend ourselves before you in this matter.”

Devotional Thought:

*	King Nebuchadnezzar made an image and commanded all peoples to fall down and worship it and whoever did not fall down and worship would immediately be thrown into a blazing furnace. All peoples bowed except Shadrack, Meshach and Abednego.
*	There was no confusion whatsoever on what to do, to them it was by default and there was no need to defend themselves on whether to bow or not to bow. One preacher said when they said they will not bow, in essence they were saying, “we have already bowed to the Most High God so no need to bow to a gold image.” What a great conviction, what confidence and how great is the commitment to the only One God. And the faithful God delivered them right in the furnace which was heated seven times.
*	There are somethings where we need not even debate or defend ourselves, if it’s contrary to the Word of God, what’s there to discuss? We go the Word route by default.

Challenge:

*	How have you handled such ‘to bow or not to bow’ situations in the past? Did you make God smile or you compromised because of fear of the furnace? How will you do things differently from now on?

Regards,

Goodness&Mercy Devotionals

(Registered as Goodness&Grace Trust-No. MA549/2014)

+263 779 614 793/7

Blog: goodnessandmercy.blog.com

Facebook Pages: Goodness&Mercy Weekly Devotionals & Goodness&Mercy Int’l

Twitter: @GMI2014

devotionals at goodnessandmercy.org <mailto:devotionals at goodnessandmercy.org>

www.goodnessandmercy.org <http://www.goodnessandmercy.org/>

          What Follows You?Psalm 23:6