[Dipleague] WHAT FOLLOWS YOU? PSALM 23:6

GMI Devotionals devotionals at goodnessandmercy.org
Thu Sep 1 19:02:59 CAT 2016

Week 1:1-7 September

What Follows You? Psalm 23:6 (KJV)

“Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever.”

Devotional Thought:

*         Psalm 23 is a profession of joyful trust in the Lord as the good Shepherd. The effect of God‘s merciful dealings with David had been to lead his mind to the assurance that God would always be his Shepherd; that He would never leave him.

*         The Greek word for follow is radaph meaning to pursue, chase or attend closely upon.

*         In essence, the Psalmist is saying amidst it all, as stated in the preceding scriptures, he is certain of this that what follows him is the goodness and mercy of the Lord.

*         And for this reason, he shall dwell in the house of the Lord which is figurative of being continual in God’s presence.  He further stated this in Psalm 27:4 where he says, “One thing I ask from the LORD, this only do I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze on the beauty of the LORD and to seek him in his temple.” This denotes dwelling in God’s presence all his days.

Exhortation:

*         What follows you? Psalm 23:6

Regards,

Goodness&Mercy Devotionals

(Registered as Goodness&Grace Trust-No. MA549/2014)

+263 779 614 793/7

Blog: goodnessandmercy.blog.com

Facebook Pages: Goodness&Mercy Weekly Devotionals & Goodness&Mercy Int’l

Twitter: @GMI2014

devotionals at goodnessandmercy.org <mailto:devotionals at goodnessandmercy.org>

www.goodnessandmercy.org <http://www.goodnessandmercy.org/>

          What Follows You?Psalm 23:6